Art Supplies Suggestions!
- Access - Make sure your student can get to their paper/pencils/coloring supplies.
- Colored Markers vs Pencils vs Crayons - All will work! Everyone has their preferences! Having an assortment though would be best if possible so students can experiment and see what they prefer for different creations. Some projects will look/work better with one than the other or even combined. For instance, outline in marker and color in with colored pencils or crayons.
- Colors - The more colors the better! Projects will work with basic colors, but it is always more fun to have more color options. If picking between an 8 count and 16 count of colored pencils, go for 16 if you can :)
- Good Black Marker - Either a black washable marker or sharpie is nice to have for projects! Many projects have you draw the outlines of the creation first, and then fill it in with color. Although you can do this with a pencil, regular pen or crayon, a marker has a stronger look :) In the art room we often use black sharpies for projects, but they are monitored!
- Art Paper - Any paper will do for the projects, but blank paper would be better than lined :). A nice to have would be to have access to thicker white paper. It may feel more like a special project like we would normally do in the art room, but totally optional.